Thursday, December 10

A Team and a Program to be proud of

I don't have much time to blog before work, but I wanted to let everyone know how proud I was to be a DWU fan last night. This isn't some kind of post that people might write because they are bitter about the loss. The Tigers played well, lost to a good team on the road, the loss not a big deal.

What is a big deal is the differnce in class and respect that DWU showed as a University. If you were keeping track of points based on class, instead of baskets, the score would have been a blow out.

I have so many examples of things that happened last night that had me shaking my head and saying "I am glad our players don't do that". Which always followed with my wife saying "Do you know what Hemenway would do to them if they did!" (point taken - 90% of the time players actions are an indication of the coach)

Like I said I do have lots of examples from coaches, players, and fans that were very sad. I don't like to call college players out, because they are just that college players, but I may update this blog and list the things I saw later today.

Be proud of the University and the program we have at DWU.  From the Atheletic director, to the coaches, to the players, and the fans. We might not win every game be we have a great program to be proud of. If I was a fan sitting on the other side last night I don't think I would be able to say the same.

1 comment: